Friday, October 12, 2007

Contentment

The truth is that if God wanted us to have more right now, we would have it. . . . If we were supposed to be in a different situation in life, we would be in it. Instead of always saying, "If only this" and "If only that," God calls us to glorify him to the fullest right now. . . . Contentment means wanting what God wants for us rather than what we want for us. The secret to enjoying this kind of contentment is to be so satisfied with God that we are able to accept whatever he has or has not provided." -Phil Ryken

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This has been a big one for me in a particular area of my life lately. Sometimes I forget what I've been blessed with and focus on too much of the extra stuff that gets in the way of the peace found in being content. Thank you for the word.

Patio Talk said...

It's a quote I found on a missionary's update. I have had it in my e-mail for awhile and when I was going through my e-mails the other day I came across it again. It was a timely reminder. I have left the quote in my e-mails. I figure I will need reminded of it again.