Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The battle is not mine

It seems I think of a lot of things I'd like to say on my blog throughout the day but when I finally get to sit down my mind goes blank.

I did read a verse this morning that was an encouragement to me. 2 Chronicles 20:15 "...Do not be afraid! Don't be discouraged by this might army, for the battle is not yours, but God's." and then verse 20 "..."Listen to me, all you people of Judah and Jerusalem! Believe in the Lord your God and you will be able to stand firm."

Right now the world and its circumstances seem like a big army. But the battle is not mine. God will help me through it. He will help me stand firm.

Many things happened today. Several were encouraging; some discouraging. Even in the discouraging ones I felt strength. I know that comes from God and what moves his hand is prayers of many. I certainly could not do it on my own.

It definitely is a very stretching time but one that is drawing me closer to Jesus and ultimately that is what He wants.

Journeying together,

Patti

No comments: