Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Only God

I feel like Jehoshaphat. He and the Israelites had three enemy armies coming at them. "...O our God, won't you stop them? We are powerless against this mighty army that is about to attack us. We do not know what to do, but we are looking to you for help."

Right now there are so many things regarding our cafe coming to a head. We are feeling overwhelmed. We don't know what to do in this impossible situation - there is nothing we can do but wait and pray.

Jahaziel - He reminds the Israelites "This is what the Lord says: Do not be afraid! Don't be discouraged by this mighty army, for the battle is not yours, but God's. ... Take your positions then stand still and watch the Lord's victory. He is with you."

It is a very scary place to be. There is nothing to do but totally rely on God and place yourself in His hands for the outcome. It is hard to sit back and wait to see how and what God will do. You feel like you need to be doing something.

I can only pray that I can come through it shining for Jesus. That the devil will not get a foothold in our lives and God will protect us and be glorified.

I know He is with me and will go with me through whatever comes but the unknown outcome sometimes scares me to death.

Journeying together,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that your back in the blogging world. It gives me the opportunity to know what is going on in your life. God is and always will be faithful. I know that you know but sometimes it's just good to hear it again... or in this case read it. We love you guys and are praying for you.